03 Jul 12m Cearban Mhor
Some may consider it timely that on Saturday past, just days after basking sharks were spotted in area, that Redbay Boats launched Basking Shark Scotland’s latest Stormforce 12 boat.
However, the new boat did not stay for long and after sea-trials it was quickly off to Oban with its new owner Shane Wasik of Basking Shark Scotland. Shane is an existing Redbay customer and his business offers boat tours in the Inner Hebrides from April through to October. The company specialises in wildlife tours and offer unique the opportunity to swim with sharks and other sea life. For anyone lucky enough to be visiting this beautiful part of the world we would suggest taking a look at his website at www.baskingsharkscotland.co.uk
His latest commission is an all-black Stormforce 12m with a short cabin and a large 135sqft deck split into 2 levels and extended over the transom to aid wildlife viewing. The design is a result of many years of careful consideration by Shane who also operates a Stormforce 9.1. The latest design has been constructed with both dive charter and touring in mind. The boat has MCA Category 2 coding for 15 people with all safety equipment on-board including two RFD Surviva 8 person life rafts.
The interior arrangement includes:
- 1 x Grammer Avento air seat at the helm position
- 3 x double Scot seats
- A modified console to allow for a double bench seat on the side of the cabin
- Toilet Cubical with Porti Potti and fresh water tank
- An open console with walk through bow to large storage area, and extra access through a large T60 deck hatch for larger baggage.
The exterior arrangement includes:
- Large open deck space, split level with an extended transom platform.
- Custom Shelter deck with acrylic canopy surround
- 2 Double bench seats under shelter deck
- Wide extended stern platform
- Self-draining deck
- LED spot and work light all around
Propulsion is delivered by twin Yanmar 8LV320 Inboards coupled to Yanmar ZT370 Stern drives pushing the boat to a top speed of 38Knots.
From all the team here at Redbay Boats we’d like to wish Shane, Nikki and daughter Mara great success with they’re new Stormforce 12.